[mythtv-users] G5 Mac Mini on the shelf?? What to do with it?

Torfinn Ingolfsen tingox at gmail.com
Fri Sep 25 18:40:25 UTC 2009

Hi,

On Fri, Sep 25, 2009 at 10:35 AM, Mike Dent <mcdent at gmail.com> wrote:

> Ahhh craps! You are of course correct. How time flies eh!
> Its a G4 of course.
>
> I was hoping for  "Oh yes I use one of those and its great, I use blah
> blah version and ..."
> Anybody actually doing it?

My G4 Mac mini is used as a frontend. It runs OSX (10.4?), I am using MythTV
0.20 - something fixes.
Works nicely for my needs (analog cable, SD).

My backend is actually a FreeBSD box, with a PVR-500 dual tuner card.
I haven't upgraded to MythTV 0.21 yet, because the port[1] doesn't work for
me - mythtv-setup doesn't include (or doesn't let me select) PVR cards in
the setup. Strange, but that is the way it is.