[mythtv-users] Glitchy HDHR Recordings

Richard Shaw hobbes1069 at gmail.com
Fri Sep 25 19:56:59 UTC 2009

On Fri, Sep 25, 2009 at 2:20 PM, James Orr <james.orr7 at gmail.com> wrote:
> I've never tried that mythtranscode option before, actually I've never run
> mythtranscode from the command line before ... what exactly would I type for
> a given file? Just mythtranscode --buildindex somefile.mpg

I haven't used it in a while so hopefully someone will correct me if I
butcher this but it should be something like this:

mythtranscode --chanid <channel id> --starttime <start time>
--buildindex --mpeg2

where:
<channel id> is the first part of the file name such as 1101 would be
tuner 1, channel 10.1
<start time> is the second part of the file name such as
20090925180000 (9/25/2009 6:00pm)

You generally don't want to specify the filename directly as using
--chanid --starttime makes sure it updates the database correctly. It
will transcode the file and if successful, replace the existing file.

Richard