[mythtv-users] Glitchy HDHR Recordings

Jim Stichnoth stichnot at gmail.com
Fri Sep 25 23:10:18 UTC 2009

On Fri, Sep 25, 2009 at 3:58 PM, Ronald Frazier <ron at ronfrazier.net> wrote:
> I don't think rebuilding the seek table will do a thing. I have the
> same problem happen from time to time. It also happened on Monday
> while recording House, Heroes, and an SD program simultaneously (and
> comflagging  2 of the 3, though I'm not sure which 2). The first 10
> minutes or so house was a screwed up (though Heroes was fine). Blocky
> and it does a lot of fast jumpy playback. Those 10 minutes were
> completely unwatchable.

Check the backend log for IOBOUND messages.  This is the behavior I
was getting at the beginning of the Fall TV season last year when I
had 2 HDHRs (4 tuners) but only one hard drive.  Also make sure to
enable Slow Deletes if you're using the ext3 file system.  Finally,
don't allow SchedulesDirect to run mythfilldatabase when it feels like
it, since it invariably wants to run smack in the middle of primetime
while 3 recordings are going on simulatneously.

Jim