[mythtv-users] error when fixing database forced by mythtv upgrade

Petr Stehlik pstehlik at sophics.cz
Sun Sep 27 18:25:34 UTC 2009

Petr Stehlik píše v Ne 27. 09. 2009 v 19:59 +0200:
> See the following output of the same SELECT ran on the original
> 0.21-fixes - no duplicates:
>
> +--------+-------------------------------------------------------------------+
> | person | name                                                              |
> +--------+-------------------------------------------------------------------+
> |   2871 | Samuel Ivaška (Slovenská republika 1983)                        |
> |   4094 | Samuel Ivaška (Slovenská republika 1988)                        |
> |    644 | Samuel Ivaška Hrají: Vladimír Hajdu                            |
> |   3686 | Samuel Ivaška. Hrají: Ferdinand Libant                          |
> |  37451 | Samuel Ivaška. Hrají: Ján Havrila. (Slovenská republika 1988) |
> +--------+-------------------------------------------------------------------+
> 5 rows in set (0.05 sec)

Here is the same SELECT after the Fixing_Corrupt_Database_Encoding
failed due to "Duplicate entry 'Samuel Ivaška (Slovenská republika'
for key 2":
+--------+------------------------------------------------+
|   2871 | Samuel Ivaška (Slovenská republika 1983) |
|    644 | Samuel Ivaška Hrají: Vladimír Hajdu   |
|   3686 | Samuel Ivaška. Hrají: Ferdinand Libant   |
+--------+------------------------------------------------+
3 rows in set (0.00 sec)

It seems like the record being inserted (most probably the one with
person 4094) was considered duplicate because it somehow didn't compared
the strings including the year - "1983" vs "1988" (person 2871 vs 4094).
Almost like if it got truncated to just "Samuel Ivaška (Slovenská
republika" - 34 to 36 characters, well below the 128 chars (size of the
name column). Weird.

> It's probably the right time to show the output of MySQL status:
>
> Server version:		5.0.51a-24+lenny2 (Debian)
> Server characterset:	latin1
> Db     characterset:	latin1
> Client characterset:	latin1
> Conn.  characterset:	latin1

I have ensured that this was the original output of 'status' before the
0.22 upgrade. So I don't have the MySQL misconfigured.

> Funny, so if now I have all in 'latin1' maybe I could re-try the
> upgrade?

Failed again the same way as before. Going back to 0.21 and waiting for
any suggestion.

Thanks again.

Petr