[mythtv-users] error when fixing database forced by mythtv upgrade

Petr Stehlik pstehlik at sophics.cz
Sun Sep 27 22:14:56 UTC 2009

Michael T. Dean píše v Ne 27. 09. 2009 v 16:08 -0400:
> hmmm...  41, actually, which makes sense, kind of (I

very interesting yet unfinished sentence :-)

> So, can you do me a favor and drop your database:
> mysql -umythtv -p mythconverg -e 'DROP DATABASE IF EXISTS mythconverg;'
> then run mc.sql:
> mysql -uroot -p mythconverg < mc.sql

here I've got "ERROR 1049 (42000): Unknown database 'mythconverg'"
because the database was dropped in the previous step. Changing
mythconverg to mysql fixes this little problem.

> grep -v "INSERT INTO \`people\` " \
>     /var/tmp/mythconverg-to_uncorrupt.sql > /var/tmp/restore.sql
>
> and then do your restore:
>
> /home/joy/myth/22/share/mythtv/mythconverg_restore.pl \
>     --filename restore.sql --directory /var/tmp

and here I get "ERROR: The database does not exist." Took me a little
while to figure out that this error means that I forgot to update the
other occurence of IDENTIFIED BY 'mythtv' in the mc.sql so it happened
to change the password to mythconverg by accident. It would be great if
the restore script could handle that by reporting error accessing the
database instead of reporting that the database is not there :-)

After fixing the mc.sql and restarting this process from scratch the
mythconverg_restore went fine.

> and see if that works--basically, exactly what you tried before

it's actually not exactly what I tried before. Before I was following
the webpage that instead of using mc.sql said to create the database
manually and alter it to use latin1 (in the paragraph "Clearing the
corrupt database"). The mc.sql alters it to use utf8. That could be an
important difference.

> Then, if that restores without issue, try to run the trunk upgrade and
> let me know what happens.

2009-09-28 00:09:56.529 Database corruption detected. Unable to proceed
with database upgrade. (Table: oldrecorded, Warnings: 265)

Petr