[mythtv-users] Can anyone tell me why Ticket 6382 has been closed?

nospam312 nospam312 at gmail.com
Mon Sep 28 11:00:53 UTC 2009

> On the bright side, there are a ton of people who would like to make the
> change you requested.  The idea won't be forgotten--even if it's not an open
> ticket in Trac.  Someone may eventually make a patch.  That change may
> actually go into the MythTV repo.  Only time will tell.

Thanks everyone for comments and the detailed explanation.

I can't say I fully understand the reasoning as it does seem it could
be such an easier problem to fix on the face of it - but clearly it
isn't.

I admit I have only scanned through the 5 pages of the thread quoted
but do not fully understand why the "current" options can't be used
for softpadding apart from the 2nd recording on the same tuner it
works as expected for me and does a great job of soft padding my
schedule (I use 3 mins start and 7 mins end padding).  I also find it
strange that the problem only appears to affect the 2nd recording
*start* padding time.  The soft *end* padding is added for both
recordings as expected.

It is like whatever does the "soft padding" is just not run on 2nd
recordings on the same tuner but it is run on the 2nd recordings on
the same tuner at the end time.  I realise the option is not really
meant for "soft padding" but would it do any harm letting the 2nd
recording on the same tuner also allow this time for card/hard drive
setup?  It seems to have no ill effects when it is done on multiple
recordings on the same tuner for the end time?

I realise it will not be fancy "soft padding" with ability to change
times depending on time of days and channels ids but apart from the
2nd recordings on the same tuner problem it is virtually a fully
functioning and very useful soft padding facility.

Anyway I do not want to dwell on this thanks again for the
explanations.  I hope I have given someone ideas.