[mythtv-users] error when fixing database forced by mythtv upgrade

Nicolas Will nico at youplala.net
Tue Sep 29 14:05:19 UTC 2009

On Sun, 2009-09-27 at 19:09 -0400, Michael T. Dean wrote:
> So, that's because there's a "prefix" index on the name column of the
> people table.  Only the first 41 (of 128) characters are checked to
> determine if the values are unique.  I'm actually about to commit a
> fix
> to the corruption-detection thanks to your noticing this.  It will
> actually make it a more-stringent check, so it won't cause your DB to
> pass, so don't worry about updating to get it.  :)

Hello.

I've been hit by the duplicate issue when moving to .22.

I cleaned my DB, but it was still the same.

In the clean DB file, I changed the 41 to 51 and it restored properly,
as it was checking more characters for uniqueness.

Then .22 converted its DB version without any problem.

Should I expect any ill result from this?

Thanks,

nico