[mythtv-users] Question

markhsa markhsa at gmail.com
Tue Sep 29 15:23:09 UTC 2009

I have been reading around and searching threads.  I would just like to
ask some quick questions to save a bit of time.
Opinions please:

I have stepped away from Myth for around a year after having been
building lots of myth servers over the years.

Now I want to try out .22 ( SVN I guess for now )
I see that the avenard repo for Ubuntu looks to be very popular.
Pre-built packages would be nice.

I am building from scratch for use with the HD-PVR.  I need to purchase
a new Video card also.

-What Nvidia Vid card is safe?  9800?  Better?  What would you purchase
for VDPAU and future-proofing a bit?
-What would you say the most stable distro to use is now?    32 or 64 bit?

I am coming from Fedora and older versions of myth, so advice would
really be appreciated.