[mythtv-users] Jamu not finding video metadata

Doug Vaughan r.d.vaughan at rogers.com
Tue Sep 29 17:39:38 UTC 2009

Andrew,
I do not know what the problem is as everything I tested worked without
any interaction with jamu. My test cases all used the video file move
capabilities of jamu but that is no different than just acting on video
files in your MythVideo directory. In each case the metadata and
graphics were downloaded andthe db was updated.

Here is what I tried:
./jamu.py -MI "/media/virtual/VB_Share/Tropic Thunder.mkv"
"/media/video/0Review"
./jamu.py -MG "/media/virtual/VB_Share/Tropic Thunder.mkv"
"/media/video/0Review"
./jamu.py -MGF "/media/virtual/VB_Share/Tropic Thunder.mkv"
"/media/video/0Review"

The last one correctly renamed the video file to
"/media/video/0Review/Tropic Thunder (2008).mkv"

I assume you are following the Jamu wiki on setting up a mass update
with the -MI option. Depending on the size of your collection it can be
tedious to get all the IMDB and TVDB numbers into MythVideo but it is a
requirement.

You can also use MythVideo's metadata download function to acquire
metadata. Make sure to scan you collection in MythVideo first ("M" option).

Jamu is only a stop gap until mass metadata update capabilities is added
to MythVideo in a post 0.22 release (e.g. 0.23).

Doug