[mythtv-users] 0.22 MythVideo slow first time cover art displays

Kevin Kuphal kkuphal at gmail.com
Tue Sep 29 17:58:09 UTC 2009

On Tue, Sep 29, 2009 at 12:43 PM, Andrew Barbaccia
<andrew.barbaccia at gmail.com> wrote:
> I've been noticing a performance issue with trunk on all my boxes including
> my desktop which is a core 2 duo with 4GB of ram (should be sufficient).

It's a shame that this happens at all.  I've been setting up a Vista
Media Center machine to place in front of my exercise equipment so
that I can get Hulu, Netflix, DVD, etc all in one box.  It has a
plugin called Media Browser that basically does a cover flow style
view of recordings/videos using fanart from the same places Myth gets
it from.

This software handles all the cover art download in the background and
it just fades in as it is made available.  So much nicer of an
experience than what you are describing and I'm disappointed that a
background thread handling of coverart isn't being included.

Kevin