[mythtv-users] mysql crashing on startup / mythbackend fails to start - solution. [Ubuntu/Mythbuntu]

John reidjr at btconnect.com
Tue Sep 29 18:49:15 UTC 2009

All,

I use wake on lan and wake to record, so the backend keeps shuting down
and starts up several times a day.

After I updated to Ubuntu Jaunty (9.04) the myth backend didn't always
start. After trawling through the logs, the problem is that mysql daemon
was being killed and restarting, and depending on the time to repair
database mysql was still down when mythbackend tried to start.

This is a known and fixed bug in mysql-server in Jaunty, but I havn't
seen it mentioned here.

https://bugs.launchpad.net/debian/+source/mysql-dfsg-5.0/+bug/326768

If you have this problem you can enable jaunty-updates repository, and
update mysql-server. The updated package is patched to fix this bug.

best regards,

John