[mythtv-users] Any advice on upgrade path to mythtv .22 for debian users?

Johnny jarpublic at gmail.com
Tue Sep 29 20:12:47 UTC 2009

> 3) re-install system and use ubuntu 9.04.  I generally like what I've seen
> of ubuntu but the down time this would require as well as the learning curve
> make this option the least appealing.

When I moved from Debian Testing to Ubuntu a few years ago, the
learning curve was minimal if not nonexistent. Ubuntu takes a freeze
of Debian Unstable and then basically does bug squashing to get it in
shape for release. They add a few things here and there but most of
that goes upstream as well. I love Debian but I just got tired of
having to hassle with making new software fit haphazardly in. If you
do have a learning curve it would be more from newer releases (gnome,
etc) than from the difference in the distros.