[mythtv-users] Problems after changeing MythTV's IP address

David Segall david at segall.net
Wed Sep 30 04:40:24 UTC 2009

Rodney D. Myers wrote:
> David Segall wrote:
>> I changed the IP address of my MythTV (don't ask!).
>>
>> I have managed to to get the front end to start and it shows a list of
>> recordings but trying to play them causes the the front end to hang. The
>> same thing happens if I try to watch live TV. Some menu items work as
>> expected but give me depressing news such as "No recordings scheduled".
>> Is there an obvious fault? Is there some more information that would
>> help locate the problem?
>>
>> David.
>
> Which Distro are you using?
>
> Debian & associated ,look at /etc/network/interface file,
> /etc/resolv.conf, /etc/hosts

Thanks. It is an up to date Mythbuntu 8.04 and those files seem correct.
I can reach the MythTV box from the Internet and vice-versa so I think I
have correctly changed the network settings.

It seems more like a database problem and MythTV is looking on the wrong
machine for tuners and recorded programs.