[mythtv-users] Zotac ION and wake-on-USB

Phil Linttell phil.linttell at rogers.com
Wed Sep 30 07:46:09 UTC 2009

On 09/29/2009 05:36 PM, mythtv-users-request at mythtv.org wrote:
> Message: 16
> Date: Tue, 29 Sep 2009 16:05:45 -0500
> From: Noah Markon<nmarkon at gmail.com>
> Subject: Re: [mythtv-users] MythTV and the ION
> To: Discussion about mythtv<mythtv-users at mythtv.org>

>> >  board supposedly supports this - could be a kernel or dist issue, but I'm
>> >  hoping someone else will write a howto.
>> >>

> Hi Phil --
>
> It looks like we have the same issues. However i'm not sure that the board
> supports wake-on-usb? You might want to poke around, I'm pretty sure that
> the current version of the board doesn't support it.

Hi Noah,

My Zotac has the JP3 USB power jumper, and from what I've read it sounds
like the board should work with wake-on-USB.  I've tried the jumper in
both the "5Vdual" and "5V" positions, but the behaviour I get is that
when I enable USB wakeup events in the OS, and try to suspend.... the
system suspends, but immediately boots again.  I'm fairly sure I've read
about people getting wake-on-USB to work under Windows.... but I haven't
seen and pronouncements of success under Linux.

I've thought one of my next steps would be try one of those USB
flashlights to verify that I do actually have power on the USB port when
the system is suspended, and assuming I do have power....  embark on a
heavy session of googling.   However, the system is fairly light on
power usage anyway, so solving this is lower on the priority list than
some other tasks.

Has anyone else gotten this board to work with wake-on-USB?

Phil