[mythtv-users] VDPAU wiki De-int capabilities

Johnny jarpublic at gmail.com
Wed Sep 30 16:51:57 UTC 2009

> Perhaps a more meaningful table would have numbers... Here is a thread with
> a tool to benchmard VDPAU decode and deinterlace performance, along with
> several pages of results.
> http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=133465

That is a nice little tool. I have question about interpreting the
results. What is the minimum frame/field rate needed to do ATSC 1080i
or HD H264? Would it be 30 frames/s and 60 fields/s, or is some of the
material actually 60 frames/s, 120 fields/s. Or is my interpretation
completely off? If we added some numbers to the chart it would be good
to have minimums needed to avoid the idea that you need or that it
would even be helpful to have 753 fields/s with Advanced 2x as one
user in that thread reported with their GTX 285.