[mythtv-users] MythTV and the ION

David Brodbeck gull at gull.us
Wed Sep 30 23:59:53 UTC 2009

On Wed, September 30, 2009 10:39 am, Tom Lichti wrote:
> I had a similar problem and neither of the XP discs I had would boot
> into the repair console (dunno why) so I had to google around until I
> figured out how to accomplish the same thing within the grub shell.

A while back I burned an El Torito bootable CD-R using a 1.44 meg DOS
utility disk as the boot image.  (An image pulled from the "rescue disk"
that you used to be able to create on Win95 machines works well; so do
images from bootdisk.com.)  It's come in handy more than once for these
kinds of shenanigans.  This is also a handy way to run older floppy-based
tools (like Dell's asset tag tool) on machines with no floppy drive.