[mythtv-users] Problem playing some 5.1 audio.

Joseph Fry joe at thefrys.com
Thu Apr 1 02:35:15 UTC 2010

On Wed, Mar 31, 2010 at 10:01 PM, Joseph Fry <joe at thefrys.com> wrote:

>> On 1 April 2010 00:39, Joseph Fry <joe at thefrys.com> wrote:
>> > I do indeed have a test track.
>>
>> Please post it somewhere
>>
>> I found it here:
>
> http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/showthread.php?t=28974
>
> After experimenting some more though I am not sure this clip is much good.
>  When I play an AAC 5.1 channel movie, all my dialog comes from my left
> speaker, however in this clip the center comes from the center channel.  I
> think the mapping is wrong in this test clip.
>
> Do you know of a better AAC 5.1 channel test clip?
> <http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/showthread.php?t=28974>

Sorry to reply to myself, but I found a copy of the Avia AAC audio test...
it is more accurate than the one above.  You can follow the links in the
first post on this page:  (note links to megaupload and you will be stuck
with a 45 second wait before you can download for free)

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?t=51024

I am quite certain that these files are in violation of some copyright law
somewhere... use at your own risk.

Here is a table of my output:
Expected -  Actual
Center     -   Left