[mythtv-users] Asus EB1501 as frontend

AntiCat mythtv at anticat.ch
Thu Apr 1 20:45:36 UTC 2010

Am 31.03.2010 04:19, schrieb Steve Greene:
> Haven't yet tried to configure power management and haven't tried to
> get the included remote working, but a how-to
> <http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=HOW-TO_preform_a_Miminal_Ubuntu_and_XBMC_install_on_a_Asus_EeeBox_PC_EB1501>
> on xbmc.org points the way.  1080i works well with the VDPAU Normal
> settings.  I noticed Dolby D being picked up by my HT receiver, so
> pass-through is working.  Haven't played with the built-in DVD, but
> I've seen mention of a blu-ray version on the Inter-webs.

I have bought such a box some weeks ago. Mythfronted is working
flawlessly. However if I have lirc enable the kernel crashes during
every 3rd or 4th boot. However I haven't found time yet to investigate
this issue further.

At my place shops offering two versions of the box with Blu-ray drive.
One with and one without Windows they are about 80$-100$ apart.

Andreas Dröscher