[mythtv-users] VLC Acquired by Real Networks

Brian Wood beww at beww.org
Fri Apr 2 02:54:11 UTC 2010

On Thursday 01 April 2010 06:29:41 pm Tom Furie wrote:
> On Thu, Apr 01, 2010 at 06:04:40PM -0600, Brian Wood wrote:
> > Sounds like April Fool's to me.
> >
> > No commercial entity would equate dollars and Euros.
> >
> > And it's not particularly funny.
>
> I'm fairly sure it's an April Fool's, but why don't you think a
> commercial entity would equate euros and dollars in this context?
> They've been doing it with pounds and dollars for years.

Really? I wasn't aware of that, or are you referring to the fact that a lot of
gear is much more expensive in the UK, resulting in similar numbers. I've
never seen anything advertised at X dollars and X L Sterling, this "release"
stated a retail price in $ and Euros that was the same, I've just never seen
that.

Anyway, I certainly *hope* it was a prank.