[mythtv-users] lirc, new RC-6 remote, and HVR-2250

Devin Heitmueller dheitmueller at kernellabs.com
Fri Apr 2 18:55:31 UTC 2010

On Fri, Apr 2, 2010 at 2:49 PM, Stefan Jones <stefan_jones at comcast.net> wrote:
> Until a few days back, I was using the Toth / Linux TV drivers with my
> Hauppague HVR-2250. They worked fine.
>
> I recently updated Fedora 12, and got the 2.6.32 kernel. JOY! Built in
> support! No more pesky driver recompiles!
>
> The kernel support for the tuners works fine. And . . . IR support! Well,
> maybe.
>
> I've been reading the discussions here RE kernel fixes to the  2250's IR
> equipment. I'm not sure if they're all ironed out, but I have additional
> questions that I hope someone here can help answer in the meantime:

No, it's not going to work anytime soon.  The issue is not the remote
control itself - it's that Steven hasn't added support to the
saa7164's onboard IR receiver.

It's on his TODO list, but right now we are tied up in a bunch of
other projects so I wouldn't hold your breath waiting.

Devin

--
Devin J. Heitmueller - Kernel Labs
http://www.kernellabs.com