[mythtv-users] Comcast DTA direct channel change?
pickle136 at sbcglobal.net
Fri Apr 2 23:52:34 UTC 2010
On 04/02/2010 07:25 PM, Ron Garrison wrote:
> Well it sounds like I'm in a similar posotion to Scott except I can't
> get either ports to transmit. Here is what I have done:
> Built lirc from the cvs repository using the follwing configuration:
> ./configure.sh --prefix=/usr --with-driver=all --enable-sandbox
> I had to remove lirc_gpio and lirc_parallel from the makefile due to
> compile errors. Since I don't need them it should not be an issue.
> lircd -v returns rcd 0.8.7-CVS
> added kirk's lircd.conf (follows) to my already existing lircd.conf
> (which contains my hauppauge remote settings)
> begin remote
> name DTA
> bits 24
> flags XMP
> eps 20
> aeps 300
> one 0 137
> zero 250 710
> ptrail 250
> pre_data_bits 32
> pre_data 0x170F443E
> post_data_bits 8
> post_data 0x0
> pre 250 12921
> gap 81698
> toggle_bit_mask 0x0
> begin codes
> KEY_1 0x1E0001
> KEY_2 0x1D0002
> KEY_3 0x1C0003
> KEY_4 0x1B0004
> KEY_5 0x1A0005
> KEY_6 0x190006
> KEY_7 0x180007
> KEY_8 0x170008
> KEY_9 0x160009
> KEY_0 0x1F0000
> KEY_CHANNELDOWN 0x11000E
> KEY_CHANNELUP 0x12000D
> KEY_MUTE 0x13000C
> KEY_VOLUMEDOWN 0x14000B
> KEY_VOLUMEUP 0x15000A
> KEY_LANGUAGE 0x150082
> KEY_INFO 0x170026
> KEY_ENTER 0x180025
> KEY_LAST 0x190051
> end codes
> end remote
> executed the following two commands (first is for hauppauge, second for mceusb):
> lircd --driver=default --device=/dev/lirc0
> --output=/var/run/lirc/lircd0 --pidfile=/var/run/lirc/lirc0.pid
> lircd --driver=default --device=/dev/lirc1
> --output=/var/run/lirc/lircd1 --pidfile=/var/run/lirc/lirc1.pid
> Now to test receive I type:
> irw /var/run/lirc/lircd0
> Using my hauppauge (actually a universal programmed to look like a
> hauppauge) I get the proper responses as defined by the lircd.conf
> Now doing the same with the other port:
> irw /var/run/lirc/lircd1
> I use my new comcast DTA remote and I get the proper responses (which
> uses Kirk's lircd.conf indicating that the Thomson DCI1011COM DTA uses
> he same codes as the Pace and Motorola).
> So far so good. Hardware is there and can receive properly.
> I now type the following
> irsend --device=/var/run/lirc/lircd1 set_transmitters 1 2
> irsend --device=/var/run/lirc/lircd1 send_once DTA KEY_2
> And there is nothing transmitted. No errors - no transmission. I
> have tried both ports.
> I own a nirvis slink-e which can receive ir and display the wave form
> on the computer. I tested that it works using all remotes (including
> the new comcast DTA remote) so it really easy for me to know if ir is
> being transmitted or not. I have also used this in the past to
> determine protocols, device IDs etc for unknown remotes. Very useful.
> Not sure where to go from here. Maybe add debug logging to see if it
> will show anything. Did I miss something to enable transmitting?
> Note when I try to set transmitters on my hauppauge card (lircd0) it
> complains - as it should - that the hardware cannot transmit. If I
> try to set more than 2 transmitters on the mceusb it also complains -
> as it should - that there are only 2 transmitters. It appears that
> everything is setup properly.
> mythtv-users mailing list
> mythtv-users at mythtv.org
Mine are working now with the latest CVS, one idea suggested to me was
to feed the IR transmitter's back into the receiver while running IRW.
But i also discovered mine does in fact flash red when a signal is sent.
Also i couldnt get all the drivers to build (maybe same issue as you) so
I just built mceusb and and am using the mce remote now.
More information about the mythtv-users