[mythtv-users] cannot grab television metadata

Raymond Wagner raymond at wagnerrp.com
Sat Apr 3 00:46:39 UTC 2010

On 4/2/2010 20:11, Yianni Vidalis wrote:
> Following your suggestion, I renamed the script folder and ran "make
> install" in the mythplugins folder. The process created just the
> ttvdb.py file in /usr/share/mythtv/mythvideo/scripts/Television and
> nothing else (the ttvdb folder is missing).

Correct.  That is currently the only grabber for television content.
The 'ttvdb' folder has been moved to the python bindings, to allow it to
be used elsewhere.

> I also executed "make install" in the mythtv folder which, regarding
> python it says:
> Is this normal?

Looks good.

> The files:
> fetch_poster.py,
> find_meta.py and
> imdbpy.py
> are missing from the scripts folder.

Yes, they were removed, and were part of the 'old cruft'.

> I am now getting the message 'The subdirectory "tmdb" containing th..'
> message in the Movie grabber caption as well.

The 'tmdb.py' script pulls from the python bindings.  There should be
'tmdb' subdirectory.  Please run tmdb.py script from the command line
and see what error you get.