[mythtv-users] Hardware Suggestions

Mike Dent mcdent at gmail.com
Mon Apr 5 11:48:26 UTC 2010

On 18 March 2010 07:22, Greg Cope <gregcope at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 17 March 2010 21:48, Brian Wood <beww at beww.org> wrote:
>> On Wednesday 17 March 2010 11:29:41 am Michael Tiller wrote:
>>> Ideally, I'd like to hear from people who actually have working setups with
>>> similar hardware.  Things like the Revo look cools, but I need to know if
>>> they actually work.
>>
>> They do, and quite well, but only as frontends, as I said.
>
> You need to talk to mine.
>
> It does well as a FEBE.  Internal disk for OS, home, MySQL and ESATA
> for recordings.  3610 (Dual Core 330 with 2GB ram)
>
> I do not commflag, but in tests it did 57FPS, on high bitrate SD
> content (17 Mbit/s or summat).
>
> I only watch SD content as UK TV is still in the Dark Ages, however
> anecdotal reports from the US are that the single core 1600 is ok for
> HD Frontent.
>
> I can record 4 streams and watch a 5th without issue.  If it can
> record 2 HD streams and watch a 3rd that is the most I am likely to
> need.
>
> Oh and it does all this for 36W peak.

Hi Greg,
what tuners are you using with that in the UK?
I'm looking to replace my dads old/noisy be/fe box with something like
this for him.
He only needs 2 concurrent recordings in SD, no need for commflag and
I think currently he has
got by with a 200gb disk in the myth box he has now, so a huge disk is
not necessary.

Thanks
Mike