[mythtv-users] 0.21 and 0.22 servers on the same network?

Mark Knecht markknecht at gmail.com
Thu Apr 8 01:30:08 UTC 2010

On Wed, Apr 7, 2010 at 6:01 PM, E. Westbrook <mythtv-users at westbrook.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Apr 7, 2010 at 2:40 PM, Mark Knecht <markknecht at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> I wonder if any Gentoo users know whether this can go in
>> /etc/conf.d/mythbackend? Or do I have to hand edit the init scripts?
>
> Here's how it's done with most Gentoo ebuilds (that I've come across,
> anyway).
>
> Add:
>
> MYTH_EXTRAOPTS="--noupnp"
>
> to the bottom of your /etc/conf.d/mythbackend file.
>
> Then add a ${MYTH_EXTRAOPTS} term in the /etc/init.d/mythbackend file just
> before the continuation backslash at the end of the line beginning with
> --background.
>
> I can't test right now because all of my tuners are busy, but it's pretty
> darn straightforward. :)
>
> $0.02,
> EW

That would work. It's a duplication of how the logging options are
done in the init script. However it does seem to require me to start
maintaining my own init script going forward which is disappointing. I
think I'll request the devs do it or possibly provide a use flag to
just turn it all off if possible.

Thanks,
Mark