[mythtv-users] HD-PVR input issues:

Mark fairlane at springcom.com
Thu Apr 8 10:27:27 UTC 2010

A recent update of my server / backend only machine screwed up myth
pretty good.

I tried to restart mythbackend after the update and I get this:

2010-04-08 06:22:45.616 Channel(/dev/video4) Error: SetInputAndFormat(1,
NTSC)
                        while setting input (v4l v2)
                        eno: Connection timed out (110)

I had to REENTER ALL input connections in the backend as they all
disappeared after the update.
Once I did that, I get this HDPVR output.  It prevents the backend from
starting.

I even blew away all sources and cards and reinstalled from scratch.
No change.

I think this relates to the device the hdpvr was I think formerly
attached to /dev/video2 and is now /dev/video4

Is there some way to determine why the hdpvr is trying to change to NTSC
on composite inputs?