[mythtv-users] Any luck with a DCX-3200 and firwewire?

Kenneth Emerson kenneth.emerson at gmail.com
Thu Apr 8 21:02:00 UTC 2010

I also have a 3200.  I did get it to work, but only in broadcast mode. IIRC,
you have to be sure to tune the STB to a know unencrypted channel before
testing.  I used a local NBC affiliate since they are not supposed to be
blocked.  I found the scanfw package by majoridiot very useful (
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/majoridiot).  However, I too found the encryption
mode being set randomly by the broadcaster which resulted in failed
recordings :-(
I went the HD-PVR route and have been very happy although $130 poorer.