[mythtv-users] Best Supported Cards

Brian Wood beww at beww.org
Thu Apr 8 22:32:22 UTC 2010

On Thursday 08 April 2010 04:24:50 pm Barry Fawthrop wrote:
> What are the BEST supported cards for MythTV
> and cards can include USB / Network  devices

I think you might want to specify what *type* of card. I assume you mean video
capture cards, but you could have meant video (output) cards. If the latter,
you would need to specify if HDMI is required, or component, or TV out
(composite or S-Video), or any specific need you might have.

Of course with capture devices it depends on the source of your video. For
ATSC or QAM, I believe the HDHR is the best. For HD video the HD-PVR is the
only option (so far).

For analog SD video (NTSC or PAL) the PVR series dominated for a long time,
but they are no longer available new.

Any card needs to be supported by your underlying OS/distribution before you
can think about its working with Myth, of course.

The WiKi has information on supported cards, but personal experience and
anecdotal evidence can be useful.