[mythtv-users] Myth 0.22 on Lucid 10.04

Jim Chisholm jim at electron.phys.dal.ca
Fri Apr 9 00:07:01 UTC 2010

On 10-04-08 08:18 PM, Christopher Kerr wrote:
> On Fri, Apr 9, 2010 at 2:18 AM, Johnny Walker<johnnyjboss at gmail.com>  wrote:
>
>> On Thu, Apr 8, 2010 at 11:12 AM, Michael T. Dean
>> <mtdean at thirdcontact.com>  wrote:
>>
>>> IMHO, you're better off just upgrading to 0.23-fixes.  I'd actually go so
>>> far as to say that 0.23-fixes is in better shape--more stable, fewer bugs,
>>> better--than 0.22-fixes.
>>>
>>> Mike
>>>
>> Long protracted sigh....
>>
>> Don't say that.
>>
>> 9-)
>>
> No, really, it'll be easy - nothing in your backend configuration
> should be affected - 0.23-fixes really just feels like 0.22-fixes++
>
> - Chris

Thanks all
You guys wouldn't believe what I just did.. I decided to take the plunge
and do-release-upgrade
my precious myth box.
Problem is that I forgot I was using a bluetooth keyboard so about 90%
of the way through the upgrade a dialogue box re. some postgres setting
pops up. Yup my bluetooth keyboard had been
disconnected through the upgrade procedure and I was dead in the water..
it wouldn't even accept a usb keyboard to let the process finish.
I finally had to ssh in and kill the whole thing which left me box
totally broken.. thank God I had clonezilla'd the whole 1G drive onto
another last week so I'm trying again with my backup drive.
Holy crap what a boner, thank god for backups.