[mythtv-users] What to replace the AppleTV - but with?

Brad Fuller bradallenfuller at gmail.com
Fri Apr 9 02:24:57 UTC 2010

On Thu, Apr 8, 2010 at 19:07, Brian Wood <beww at beww.org> wrote:
> On Thursday 08 April 2010 07:47:50 pm Brad Fuller wrote:
>
>> for grins I just put mythtv on my Aspire One, which does not have
>> nvidia  and it plays reasonably well. Most ATSC programs can't play,
>> though.
>>
> Do you mean they won't play because they are HD? ATSC could be SD.

Right HD.

> I have one of those little things, been meaning to install the customized
> Linux for it, when I get the chance.

Try Ubuntu for Netbook Remix (UNR):
http://www.ubuntu.com/GetUbuntu/download-netbook

They are doing a good job of trying to get the most out of the unit.

> But I wouldn't think it had the grunt to decode HD by brute force.

It doesn't. I have the 532h. I wish they had put the nvidia chip in there.
http://www.engadget.com/2010/01/13/acer-aspire-one-532h-review/

--
Brad Fuller
+1 (408) 335-0112