[mythtv-users] More problems with Mirobridge

Doug Vaughan r.d.vaughan at rogers.com
Fri Apr 9 12:52:39 UTC 2010

Nasa,
    I subscribe to Geekbrief for over two years and have seen a couple
of audio issues with their videos but never seen either Miro or
Mirobridge have a issue while downloading their videos. I read the
articles you referenced and one of them mention that the method the
person was using to download the video was bittorrent. I will assume
that you are not using the bittorrent method as Mirobridge will not
connect a torrent download with MythTV as stated in the wiki.

    Every once in a while I have notice Miro starts downloading a
channel's videos as if they are all new. Basically you get a channel
flood. To stop this behavior I do the following steps, which may be
applicable to your issue:
1) Start Miro and remove the offending channel (Geekbrief in your case)
2) Close Miro
3) Run Mirobridge from the command line. This allows MiroBridge to clean
up any left over MythTV orphaned records.
4) Start Miro and through the regular Miro channel guide select the
channel that was removed previously.
5) Close Miro (it does not matter if any videos are downloading)
6) Run Mirobridge and check the log for any issues.
7) Assuming there were no issues re-enable the MiroBridge cron job

See if these steps help.

Doug