[mythtv-users] Getting Channels for HDHR in 0.22

Brad Fuller bradallenfuller at gmail.com
Fri Apr 9 18:53:06 UTC 2010

My old gentoo Myth BE died a couple of days ago. I'm reinstalling
using Mythbuntu with new HDDs and motherboard (yeah, all brand new).
I'm having problems getting channels for HDHR.

 I've tried scanning and it seems to find some. But, it basically
comes back with dialogs that I need to input the channel number while
it present me with the frequency found.

I remember that the old way was to create a channels.conf and use that
instead of scanning for channels. IS that still that best way? I've
tried various channels.conf files, but I always get the error:

FAILED TO FIND ANY NEW CHANNELS

The instructions on the wiki and on the ubuntu site (which are just
duplications) use an older version of mythtv-setup. For instance, I
didn't see a setting for "grabber" on this new 0.22 mythtv-setup, but
it is included in the procedure on the wiki.

So, while I searched the wiki and googled for the "latest' "best" way
to input  for HDHR QAM256 channels in HDHR, I couldn't find a current
procedure.

Is there one? What should I do?

--
Brad Fuller