[mythtv-users] Netflix under MythTV

Russ Foster rjf at russfoster.com
Fri Apr 9 19:42:49 UTC 2010

> Myth

> is they
> (digital),
> CPU
> >>
> >> Wow, that would take a long time to bring up VirtualBox, then XP,
> then
> >> Netflix.
> >> I'd be too impatient to put up with that.
> >>

> Did you install the VirtualBox Guest Additions?  I know I've seen odd
> problems like this until I install the Guest Additions.

I'd double-check your VBox settings. Is VT-x enabled?  And enough memory
allocated?  Does your display color depth in Windows match your host?

I am running Ubuntu 9.10 host with Win XP on Virtual Box to stream Netflix
on a system much less powerful than your's without issue.

Maybe you can post your VB config.

-r