[mythtv-users] Best Supported Cards

Gabe Rubin gaberubin at gmail.com
Fri Apr 9 22:45:50 UTC 2010

On Fri, Apr 9, 2010 at 3:27 PM, Barry Fawthrop <barry at isscp.com> wrote:
> According to Silicon Dust it is QAM256
>
> And Yes I can connect a TV direct into the cable and it has picture
> But limited to channel < # 70  through the cable box I can get 100 200
> and a few 1000 channel numbers
>
> Thanks
>
> Barry

If you have a firewire input on your mythbox, try hooking that up.
You may get some, all, or no channels, but worthwhile trying before
spending money for something.

If that does not work, a HDPVR is probably your best bet.  You will
likely need a VDPUA-capable output card (this list and the wiki have
plenty of information on that), a Broadcom Crystal mini-PCI-E card, or
a powerful processor.