[mythtv-users] Can Mythtv record uncompressed video from PVR-150? (my Comcast solution)

Raymond Wagner raymond at wagnerrp.com
Sat Apr 10 04:32:35 UTC 2010

On 4/9/2010 17:08, Ross Campbell wrote:
> You'll get just as FEW channels on Comcast/Xfinity free DTAs as you do
> via any other clear-QAM tuner...  so, what's the point?

The point is that Comcast has enabled 'privacy mode' in his area, so
those DTAs are no longer mere ClearQAM tuners.  They are instead using
some form of DES encryption.  The DTAs can receive his old analog
lineup, while a tuner card will only pick up the local 'must carry'
stations.

> Waiting for HDHR cablecard, (and an alternative to Comcast/Xfinity, of course)

You're going to be waiting a long time to get a cablecard device usable
in MythTV.  The licensing restrictions simply cannot be met.