[mythtv-users] Audio volume is low

Mark Adams madams9 at gmail.com
Sat Apr 10 18:54:55 UTC 2010

Greetings.  I was hoping someone could help me with a small issue I'm
having.

I'm running MythTV ver 0.22 under Mandriva 2010 installed from
Mandriva's RPM repositories. Hardware includes:
Wolfdale1333-D667 mainboard
Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 CPU 3.40GHz
1GiB RAM
Onboard 82801G (ICH7 Family) High Definition Audio Controller
G84 [GeForce 8600 GT] Video adapter
And of course a some other stuff.

The system installed smoothly and works well with the exception of audio
volume. Audio for VLC, Dragon Player, Kaffeine, Amarok, Audacious2,
Firefox, and everything else I've found is fine, however, MythTV
requires that I crank the audio at the amplifier to near 100% to get an
acceptable level on any media of any type.

The audio is cabled out of the onboard sound's line out to the audio
inputs on the TV (42" RCA LCD flat panel), then into an RCA RT238 home
theater amp. via L and R Audio outs on the TV (no SPDIF). Everything
works in terms of the volume and mute controls in MythTV -- I just can't
get suitable amplitude out of the system even with the volume in MythTV
cranked to 100%. I believe this to be a MythTV issue because everything
else works just fine.

Can somebody point me in the right direction?

Thanks.

Mark