[mythtv-users] Yet another Fedora 12 lirc_serial question

Jarod Wilson jarod at wilsonet.com
Sat Apr 10 23:07:25 UTC 2010

On Sat, Apr 10, 2010 at 5:50 AM, Phill Edwards <philledwards at gmail.com> wrote:
> I recently upgraded to Fedora 12 from CentOS 5. To start with lirc was
> working just fine. Then I noticed that mythfrontend wouldn't start
> from mythwelcome because pulseaudio was installed so I removed that
> and the same day lirc stopped working. May have been a coincidence, I
> don't know.

lirc has no dependency on pulseaudio that I'm aware of.

> But a reinstall didn't get lirc working again so now I'm stuck. I know
> there have been some lirc issues on Fedora 12 which Jarod posted some
> new packages for at
> http://kojipkgs.fedoraproject.org/packages/lirc/0.8.6/4.fc12/i686/ But
> I'm already running a later version:
>
> lirc-0.8.6-5.fc12.i686
> lirc-libs-0.8.6-5.fc12.i686
>
> So should I install the ones from Jarod's link or not?

Jarod pushed the -5 update himself, and he generally means "use this
or newer, unless otherwise noted". :)

(The -5 package is identical to -4, save a necessary update to the
lirc-remotes subpackage's devinput lircd.conf).

> Also, just to
> confirm, we don't need lirc kmdl packages any more with Fedora 12,
> correct?

Correct.

--
Jarod Wilson