[mythtv-users] Debugging EIT on UK DVB-T

martin martin at mstubbs.co.uk
Sun Apr 11 11:36:38 UTC 2010

On Friday 09 Apr 2010 21:47:40 martin wrote:
> On Friday 09 Apr 2010 16:09:28 martin wrote:
> > I have a mythtv backend that has always been difficult to to get EIT capture started. I have previously scanned for channels a number of different ways, using dvb scan output and a full scan, and eventually it starts but I don't know what makes the difference. Once eit is running it works very well.
> > I have now upgraded to 0.23 fixes and done a new scan using the output from from dvb scan and again the EIT capture is not working. I don't want to do a full scan as I can now pick up other regions transmissions.
> > What should I look for in the output of  -v channel,eit ?
> >

> Below is a segment of the log I have captured using -v channel,eit,siparser . I have cut out a lot of the duplicate lines to reduce the size.
>
> Any help on what looks wrong would be appreciated.
>
> Martin
>
> ........ Start up messages deleted
> 2010-04-09 17:20:43.935 Seem to be woken up by USER
> 2010-04-09 17:21:40.396 EITScanner (1): StartActiveScan called with 5 multiplexes
> 2010-04-09 17:21:40.788 TVRec(1): SetChannel(12) -- begin
.... snip
> 2010-04-09 17:26:59.172 SM(/dev/dvb/adapter1/frontend0)::AddFlags: Seen() Match() Wait(Sig,)
> 2010-04-09 17:26:59.229 SM(/dev/dvb/adapter1/frontend0)::AddFlags: Seen() Match() Wait(Sig,)
> ... The log carries on like this

Maybe you are being bitten by this bug:

http://cvs.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/7701

It is still affecting me here

Dunc
[ for some reason did not get your message from the message list}

Dunc,

You are right .. thanks for the info. When I looked transportid in the dtv_multiplex table was filled in but networkid was null. I couldn't find either of these values in the dvb/scan output so I did a full scan first to find the networkid value and then cleared the tables again. After doing a scan using the dvb/scan output file I then edited the database to insert the networkid which is 9018 on Mendip.
As a separate issue I found that the sistandard value was also blank. You need to enter a value of dvb here if you want to be able to use the option to re-scan the existing multiplexers.

Thanks for the help
Martin