[mythtv-users] Yet another Fedora 12 lirc_serial question

Phill Edwards philledwards at gmail.com
Sun Apr 11 14:16:09 UTC 2010

> The "Fedora way" is to put the modprobe commands in a file called
> something like /etc/sysconfig/modules/lirc.modules, which is read at
> boot during sysinit processing, and not as late as rc.local.

Does this also work in Fedora 12? I have these lines in
/etc/sysconfig/modules/lirc.modules:
   options lirc_serial irq=4 io=0x3f8
   install lirc_serial /bin/setserial /dev/ttyS0 uart none ;
/sbin/modprobe --ignore-install lirc_serial

But the module doesn't get loaded at boot time. The only way I can get
it to load so far is in rc.local.