[mythtv-users] extracting subtitles to srt

Tom Flair tom at graniteskies.net
Mon Apr 12 10:59:23 UTC 2010

On Mon, Apr 12, 2010 at 5:38 AM, Tom Sparks <tom_a_sparks at yahoo.com.au>wrote:

> --- On Mon, 12/4/10, Doug Lytle <support at drdos.info> wrote:
> > Tom Sparks wrote:
> > > How do I extract the subtitles from mpeg-2 files to
> > SRTs?
> > >

> > If it also contains closed caption data, you can use
> > ccextractor.
> >
> > http://ccextractor.sourceforge.net
>
> I've download the source, how do I compile it
>
> tom

If you extract the files and cd into the new folder, you'll see 5
subfolders.

cd into linux, execute ./build and it will compile ccextractor to the same
folder.  You can then run the binary directly by ./ccextractor.

Run the binary without any parameters to get a brief description of
available options.

All of this is dependent on your having a compiler present.   Someone else
will have to help you with the usage of the program itself, I only
downloaded it to answer your question.  :)