[mythtv-users] How to add a few channels in HDHR for Digital Cable (comcast)

Brad Fuller bradallenfuller at gmail.com
Tue Apr 13 19:03:59 UTC 2010

On Tue, Apr 13, 2010 at 10:42, Mark Knecht <markknecht at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Apr 13, 2010 at 10:39 AM, Brad Fuller <bradallenfuller at gmail.com> wrote:

>>> Hi Brad,
>>>   Are they enabled in your line-up at SchedulesDirect? I think when
>>> this happened to me the last time I went there, added the channels,
>>> and then ran mythfilldatabase, maybe with some option to get
>>> everything. Anyway, that got what was missing and I didn't do anything
>>> inside of Myth itself.
>>
>> Hey Mark,
>>
>> That's the first thing I checked. They were enabled years back and
>> I've never changed them.
>> But, I haven't added the channels and run mythfilldatabase. I figured
>> that if it doesn't have the freqid, it won't know what to do.
>>
>> I'll try it adding the channels and running mythfilldatabase.
>>
>> brad
>
> Sometime back (a couple of months ago?) when Comcast moved some
> channels then a few of mine got disabled and I had to reenable them.
> Maybe it's not the same problem you're having.

Unfortunately, that didn't work. Myth program listing database was
filled ok  but I can't tune to the channel.

So, I looked at the database and see that 'mplexid' and 'serviceid'
were empty in the 'channel' table for one of the channels. I looked in
the vct.sql that was built from scte65scan and added them to the
channel to see if it worked. It did, I can tune to that one channel
now.

It'd be nice if there was a way to do this rather than going directly
into the database (I used phpmyadmin). Perhaps there is and I don't
know about it.

Maybe someone knows?