[mythtv-users] DVB subtitles and delay

Jeppe Nejsum Madsen jeppe at ingolfs.dk
Tue Apr 13 21:04:13 UTC 2010

On Mon, Apr 12, 2010 at 9:54 PM, Martin <martin.rene.mortensen at gmail.com> wrote:
> MythTV has since the 0.22 ffmpeg sync not had great support for DVB
> subtitles. They are delayed - and this off course has very low WAF.
> Theres a bug report on it, fix is seemingly a somewhat large rewrite and has
> been postponed to 0.24 now.
> TRAC ticket 6753: http://svn.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/6753
> Now I am wondering if there is not a work-around of some sort. There was
> some suggestion that one could revert mpegts.c,h to one before the sync. But
> this is not a very viable solution if you lose important features like
> he-aac sound.
> Do anyone have work-arounds for this? or are very few people using DVB
> subtitles ?

Well, I asked the same question not so long ago and didn't really get
any feedback. Maybe try the dev list?

Right now only a single channel is affected (TV2), but soon
(tomorrow?) I think both DR-HD, DR-K & DR-Ramasjang will change to
DVB-T subtitles. Will be interesting too see if this is a general
problem or only for this specific channel......

/Jeppe