[mythtv-users] Question about Storage groups...

Raymond Wagner raymond at wagnerrp.com
Tue Apr 13 21:51:52 UTC 2010

On 4/13/2010 17:24, Steven Dennis wrote:
> The storage group set up has never worked for me. I'm not sure if
> these groups are suppose to be directories on my drive or if they just
> are an internal way that mythtv organizes things.

Storage groups are MythTV's way of telling a backend where your content
is.  You can add one or more directories to a storage group, and MythTV
will automatically load balance between then when recording.  The
directory must be readable and writable by the backend, and frontends
can stream from the backend if they do not have access to those files.

> If I press esc to leave the setup it says that there are not any
> groups created and asks if I want to correct this.

You need to add at least one directory to the Default group for MythTV
to be able to record anything.

> LiveTV
> (Create DB Baackups group)
> (Create new group)

The fact that you do not have any of the groups MythVideo now uses
listed means you are trying to install 0.21.  Please consider using
0.23-fixes, or at least 0.22-fixes instead.