[mythtv-users] Dual display of Mythfrontend (different resolutions)?

Thomas Pontoppidan Spam1 at pontoppidan.name
Wed Apr 14 07:26:12 UTC 2010

2010/4/13 Thomas Pontoppidan <Spam1 at pontoppidan.name>

> 2010/4/13 <glenhawk at optusnet.com.au>
>
>  I found that if you set up the dual screens as separate X-screens you
>> could start and use the frontend maximised in either screen with no impact
>> on the second screen. The trick is actually starting the frontend on the
>> screen you want to use it from (eg. selecting
>> Applications->Multimedia->MythTV Frontend on the screen you want to use).
>> What then happens is that the GUI will resize with respect to the screen
>> it has been started on. I found this took a little more time to start than
>> usual but the ability to select the screen you want outweighed this
>> inconvenience.
>>

> Thanks for the input. Using separate X-screens might be a solution - I
> never close my frontend, but I suppose I could use a script to restart the
> frontend alternating between the screens? I don't know much about scripts,
> but I found a script to open and close the frontend, so maybe I can modify
> that.

I tried setting up separate x-screens for the two displays, but it makes
the VGA output (projector) the default screen instead of the HDMI (TV).

I tried different manual modifications to xorg.conf; setting the TV as
monitor0, changing the "default screen" to monitor1, but no matter what I
did, I still ended up with the GUI going to the projector and a black screen
on the TV:-(