[mythtv-users] Netflix under MythTV - Update

Allen Edwards allen.p.edwards at gmail.com
Wed Apr 14 14:20:55 UTC 2010

On Wed, Apr 14, 2010 at 7:01 AM, Andrew Cover <eakster251 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hey it's no problem at all. It's a pretty cool function to add to a mythtv box. I'm thinking that it might also be a way to add actual blu-Ray functionality to myth since those curmudgeons won't let open source software play them.
> So you know I had not had success adding buttons to myth. In .21 I tried to add HULU desktop to it and got a "crash your htpc" button instead.
>
>  Andrew

I assume you saw the code I posted for the button.  Just in case you
still need a button to add HULU, I added a HULU button using firefox
to watch The Daily Show.  Looks pretty complicated looking at it now
and I have no idea why I did what I did when I set it up.  I always
say I should take notes about what I do but never seem to.  A note, I
have two monitors and myth runs on the secondary one.  The primary one
is for control.

   <button>
     <type>TV_WATCH_TV</type>
     <text>The Daily Show</text>
     <action>EXEC  xset -dpms ; DISPLAY=":0.1"  /usr/bin/firefox
"http://www.hulu.com/the-daily-show-with-jon-stewart" </action>
   </button>

Allen