[mythtv-users] HD-PVR Volume

Larry J on his Dell LT larry at foxgulch.com
Wed Apr 14 16:23:58 UTC 2010

Gerald Brandt wrote:
> Thanks!
>
> ----- "Kenneth Emerson" <kenneth.emerson at gmail.com> wrote:
>

>> On Tue, Nov 10, 2009 at 7:01 PM, Gerald Brandt < gbr at majentis.com > wrote:
>>

>> Hi,
>>
>> I just installed an HD-PVR into my MythBuntu 9.10 system, and I'm getting what I consider to be low volume levels.
>>
>> I recall reading somewhere that I can boost the audio on the HD-PVR, but I can't seem to find it anymore. Is there any way, using MythBuntu 9.10, to boost my audio volume?
>>
>> Gerald
>>
>> I just recently got my HD-PVR working with 9.04. I created a file called hdpvr.conf located in the /etc/modprob.d directory. Inside you can put any of the module parameters that you would like to change. They are described in the wiki ( http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Hauppauge_HD-PVR ). I use the digital audio so I have the line: "options hdpvr default_audio_input=2" as the only line in this file. Either reboot or do a sudo rmmod hdpvr followed by sudo modprobe hdpvr to reload the module and get the new parameters. To find out what the parameters are currently set at in the driver you can do a $cat /sys/module/hdpvr/parameters/xxx where xxx is the parameter name (do a $ls /sys/module/hdpvr/parameters to see what they all are).
>>

>> -- Ken

I've been attempting to implement the suggestions in this thread,  so I
have:

lj at mythtv:/etc/modprobe.d$ cat hdpvr.conf
options hdpvr boost_audio=1

and

lj at mythtv:~$ cat /sys/module/hdpvr/parameters/boost_audio

But  the  OTA  ATSC recordings made with a PCI capture card are still
louder by far than the recordings made off my usb connected Hauppauge
HD-PVR 1212 /Dish Network VIP612 satellite receiver combination.
Anyone see what I am doing wrong?

Thanks  Larry