[mythtv-users] UK: Problem with Freeview MUX D channels after digital switchover

Mike Perkins mikep at randomtraveller.org.uk
Thu Apr 15 10:56:39 UTC 2010

James Fidell wrote:

> As a further oddity, even though I have a wideband aerial pointing at
> Mendip, I can now pick up some muxes from both Wenvoe and Stockland Hill
> which must both be pretty close to 90 degrees from Mendip here (I'm
> just outside Wiveliscombe, near the eastern edge of Exmoor).  In fact my
> father-in-law (who lives in the "granny annexe") takes a signal from the
> same aerial and couldn't get his digital television to accept anything
> else but Wenvoe until he did a full re-tune with the aerial lead out
> until halfway through the scan (Wenvoe muxes are in the 20s, Stockland
> Hill's in the 50s and Mendip's in the 60s IIRC).

The solution to that problem, which I also face: do a full scan in order to
identify all multiplexes that you can receive, go to the transport editor and
delete ('D') the ones you don't want, then just scan remaining each transport
again one by one, which should update the channel settings with the appropriate
values for the muxes you actually want.

Since each transmitter sends all the channels (by and large), you shouldn't have
any orphan channels left pointing to other transmitters when you've finished the
above.

--

Mike Perkins