[mythtv-users] Comprehend Digital Vs. Analog Cable in the US

Barry Fawthrop barry at isscp.com
Thu Apr 15 17:22:07 UTC 2010

Thanks Brian for the Info.

Forgive the dumb question. But is there anyway to make the tuner in the
card act as a STB?  What is the STB doing? If it is doing the tuning
work, then why do we need another tuner in the card?

this part I really don't understand.

I understand the try to tune into a channel, but using what software and
how, practically, I'm at a loss.

What settings should I use on the MytTV Backend  ?
and more importantly which connector on the card ?

I would think the Digial Cable One ?

Thanks again

Barry