[mythtv-users] USB-UIRT with Lucid 10.04

Dan Wilga mythtv-users2 at dwilga-linux1.amherst.edu
Thu Apr 15 19:06:50 UTC 2010

On 4/15/10 9:59 AM, Jim Chisholm wrote:
> Hi Folks
> Does anyone out there have a USB-UIRT actually working with Ubuntu 9.10
> or preferably 10.04?
> Since upgrading to 0.23 one of the numerous issues I've had is that my
> CommandIR which worked great with 0.22 is now pretty much dead in the
> water most of the time (stops responding etc) to the point where I'd
> like to try a USB-UIRT (model USBUIRT0038)
> This however has proven difficult, I've followed every quide and FAQ out
> there and no go.
> I can not get irw to report anything although cat /dev/ttyUSB does
> return some martian gibberish.

I don't use either of the distros you mention, but the USB-UIRT2 has
been working with LIRC for several years now, and I use it regularly.

The command I'm using with LIRC 0.8.3 is:

lircd -H usb_uirt_raw --device=/dev/ttyUSB0 --output=/dev/lircd

Aside from that, you should try irrecord. If your lircd.conf doesn't
match the remote you're testing with, irw won't report anything back.
You should also check your syslog for any errors.