[mythtv-users] USB IR Blaster: close but no cigar

Jarod Wilson jarod at wilsonet.com
Fri Apr 16 19:30:57 UTC 2010

On Fri, Apr 16, 2010 at 3:19 PM, Greg Woods <greg at gregandeva.net> wrote:
> On Thu, 2010-04-15 at 17:19 -0400, Jarod Wilson wrote:
>
>> Indeed, loading lirc_mceusb with debug=1 should be fairly verbose,
>
> Here's the result. I don't know if the failures shown are significant or
> not because I fumbled around a bit getting the module loaded with
> debug=1 and lircd restarted before I finally ran:
>
> # irsend -d /dev/lircd SET_TRANSMITTERS 1 ; irsend -d /dev/lircd
> SEND_ONCE ComcastDTA KEY_3
>
> The most interesting part is probably the part after "SET_TRANSMITTERS
> mask=1".

No, the most interesting part is that there isn't a single case of
'outbound data' in your output. So either you've filtered that output
and somehow excluded it, or something is going very wrong either in
the driver or the device, causing us to never send any outbound data.
Quite important that we *can* send outbound data, since that's
necessary to 1) enable the transmitter and 2) transmit. But at least
its definitely the right lirc_mceusb loading there.

--
Jarod Wilson
jarod at wilsonet.com