[mythtv-users] Quick survey regarding passthrough device settings

Jean-Yves Avenard jyavenard at gmail.com
Mon Apr 19 10:54:14 UTC 2010

Hi there...

As I'm currently rewriting the audio code once again with
foobum at gmail.com (adds supports for > 16 bits audio (E-AC3, TrueHD,
LPCM etc) and various channel configurations (stereo, 3.0, 4.0, 5.1,
7.1)

I am wondering on wheither we actually need the passthrough device in
the audio settings.

On all my machines, it's always set as default, or the same physical
device as what's used in the main audio device....

So I'm interested to know from people who used it with a different
value, why they did so and if they tried any different ways ...

Thank you
Jean-Yves